Threading Questions with Nylla Latif
A recent Q&A with Nylla Latif, owner and master threader at Afreen Fashion & Beauty
What is Threading?
It's a natural hair removal technique performed mostly on the face that began in the Indian sub continent and the Middle East.
How is it Done?
Using a cotton thread, a loop is placed against the surface of the skin, hair is lifted out from it's roots very much like plucking/tweezing, but in a more effective and precise manner.
Is it Precise?
As long as the threader is experienced (Nylla Latif; owner and Master Threader at Afreen Fashion & Beauty has years of experience) threading creates the most precise eyebrow shape whereby one or multiple hairs can be removed. It can even remove any in-grown hairs or stubbles.
Is it Safe?
Of course! Threading is the best and safest way of removing hair. There's no hot wax to burn the skin and as it's natural it is perfect for sensitive skin.
Do I need to make an appointment?
At Afreen Fashion & Beauty we don't take appointments for threading procedures, we work on a first come first served basis. At busy times there may be a 10-15 minute wait but feedback indicates that it's well worth the wait.
- Threading has no side effects (if done correctly).
- Results last longer than waxing, average time 3-4 weeks.
- Threading only removes hair, not affecting the skin, thereby causing less wrinkles & sagging than waxing!
- Great alternative for those on medication or doing laser procedures.
- Regular threading sessions results in lesser & finer hair growth!Unlike High Street salons, (Debenhams, Harvey Nics, House of Fraser, Boots, Superdrug etc) we only charge £5:00 for eyebrow threading.